lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] netconn_recv sequence

From: Frédéric BERNON
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] netconn_recv sequence
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 23:05:39 +0100

What is the behaviour of netconn_recv when received data spans multiple netbufs? Will each call to netconn_recv return each subsequent buffer, or do I have to see if there are chained buffers and manually process each one?

The best is to look how lwip_recv (in sockets.c) handles netbufs to have a sample of what to do.

BTW, what is the current status (better said, as of lwIP1.1.1) of netconn_recv blocking? Does it block forever or does it unblock (returning NULL) after a timeout?

In current CVS head (post 1.2.0), you can decide to enable a recv timeout to avoid to block forever (but it's an option).

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ivan Delamer" <address@hidden>
New to lwIP, have been searching the list and docs about this but found no answer. What is the behaviour of netconn_recv when received data spans multiple netbufs? Will each call to netconn_recv return each subsequent buffer, or do I have to see if there are chained buffers and manually process each one?

BTW, what is the current status (better said, as of lwIP1.1.1) of netconn_recv blocking? Does it block forever or does it unblock (returning NULL) after a timeout?

Many many thanks for any answers.

Ivan