lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Transferring large data fast and pointing pbufs directl

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Transferring large data fast and pointing pbufs directly to Ethernet receive buffers
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 19:33:35 +0000

Bill Auerbach wrote:

>> Indeed. I've certainly only been working in terms of (inherently
>> preallocated) pool pbufs.
>
> I see this is the way to go.  I'll have to see if I can figure how to
> release the ETH buffer the pbuf points to when the pbuf has been processed.

Yes I added a hook in the lwIP code in my tree for this. A proper solution
will take some discussion and isn't there now (nor will it be for 1.3.0).

As Simon said, the alternative is just to receive into static buffers and
then memcpy everything to pbufs, with the obvious space and speed hit.

Jifl
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine