lwip-users

Re: RE : [lwip-users] Source MAC address

From: Nicolas Pinault
Subject: Re: RE : [lwip-users] Source MAC address
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 15:03:37 +0100

Nicolas Pinault wrote:

Thank you for your help. It is an interresting solution. I have not tested it yet. I use Frédéric solution (searching arp table) with ETHARP_TRUST_IP_MAC set to 1.
This way, I don't need to modify lwip code.
If I have problem with this solution, I use your's.

The risk there is that by the time you process the message, the entry has already left the arp table.

As the network on which the device works has low traffic, I think there is not much risk using this solution.
But, I keep your remark in mind.
Thanks for the help.

Nicolas