lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] TCP

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] TCP
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 13:13:09 +0000

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 04:59 -0800, ramash wrote:
> We have used manual semaphores to receive acknowledgment  from the
> client,that semaphore is removed

By acknowledgement, do you mean a TCP-level ACK packet, or something
your application is sending?

I'm still not quite sure what the problem is you're having.  TCP does
send ACKs by default for every other packet (it's a little less overhead
than sending for every packet) so if you're relying on getting one for
every packet you're out of luck.  If I've misunderstood, and your
problem is something else, could you explain it in more detail,
including which API you're using, how you're using it, and whether the
port of lwIP to your hardware was done by someone else or by yourself.

Perhaps some small examples of the code that you're using, together with
where you're seeing a problem, or even a wireshark/ethereal packet
capture would help explain things.

Kieran