lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] BasicWeb.c behavior

From: Jonathan Larmour
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] BasicWeb.c behavior
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 20:55:07 +0000

Pettinato, Jim wrote:
> I think the issue they're expressing is that the PCB memory pool's
> associated stats.err member gets incremented in this case even though
> the fail/kill/retry sequence ends up being successful?

OIC.

In my opinion, I think the current behaviour is correct though. lwip _did_
have an allocation failure, and it had to take special and non-standard
action (killing off a pcb in TIME WAIT) in order to continue operating. It
was an error, just one it was able to work around; a "near-miss". I think
hiding this fact would be incorrect. It's good to know about these sorts of
problems so you know that you are skating on thin ice.

What you could argue, though, is that it may be useful to know about the
times there's an error it recovered from and when it couldn't. Perhaps
there should be an extra stat?

Jifl
Visit us @ Embedded World 2008, Nürnberg, Germany, 26-28 Feb:Stand 11-336
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------       Opinions==mine