lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwip-1.3rc1 and ethernetif_input

From: Siva Velusamy
Subject: [lwip-users] lwip-1.3rc1 and ethernetif_input
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 19:05:38 -0800

In 1.3RC1, ethernetif_input has the following structure:

  case ETHTYPE_IP:
  case ETHTYPE_ARP:
    /* full packet send to tcpip_thread to process */
    if (netif->input(p, netif)!=ERR_OK)

Both IP & ARP packets are sent via tcpip_thread. I don't understand
the control flow of what is expected to happen if you are using RAW
mode only where the api folder is not even compiled in. In that case
it seems to me that ARP packets need to go via etharp_input and ip
packets via ip_input. Is that correct?

Thanks,
Siva

--