lwip-users

[lwip-users] PPP with netif_add and ip_input

From: Hans . Forsstrom
Subject: [lwip-users] PPP with netif_add and ip_input
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 10:10:56 +0100

Hello again,
I have a couple of questions about PPP and how to handle it toward the tcpip thread. We have done some minour changes to the netif/ppp/ppp.c file in order to get it to work with our GPRS solution, but it still creates the ppp thread as the CVS version does.

I have resently changed our implementation of etheternetif so that it will use tcpip_input and netifapi call, this to avoid problems between the tcpip and ethernetif thread. When I looked at ppp.c it still uses ip_input and netif_add instead of tcpip_input and netifapi_netif_add. Will this not cause problem in the same way as for ethernetif?

Thanks for any help that would clear this issue for me!

Best Regards,
Hans
******************************
Neither the footer nor anything else in this E-mail is intended to or constitutes an
electronic signature and/or legally binding agreement in the absence of an
express statement or Autoliv policy and/or procedure to the contrary.
This E-mail and any attachments hereto are Autoliv property and may contain legally
privileged, confidential and/or proprietary information.
The recipient of this E-mail is prohibited from distributing, copying, forwarding or in any way
disseminating any material contained within this E-mail without prior written
permission from the author. If you receive this E-mail in error, please
immediately notify the author and delete this E-mail. Autoliv disclaims all
responsibility and liability for the consequences of any person who fails to
abide by the terms herein.