lwip-users

[lwip-users] using loopback

From: Ben Bobbitt
Subject: [lwip-users] using loopback
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 21:16:10 -0500

I’m trying to use a loopback mechanism on a periodic basis as a way of checking that an interface is still up and running.

It appears that loopback capability is included in the loopif.c module with the LWIP_HAVE_LOOPIF option in opt.h set... however,  I’m not clear on how one would actually use that.  Does the netif that you want to periodically test with a loopback message have to be initialized under a new model?

I’m using the netconn api, and I simply want to have another thread periodically send a ping to the port that another thread is listening to – but since it’s a blocking read, I can’t really test that the thread is still up unless he receives data.  Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks.

Checked by AVG.