lwip-users

[lwip-users] Implementing non_blocking connect possible?

From: Muhamad Ikhwan Ismail
Subject: [lwip-users] Implementing non_blocking connect possible?
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2008 12:31:28 +0000

Hi guys.

I am implemented lwip1.3.0 for PowerPC and it worked great. Unfortunately for my application i needed to
implement a non-blocking connect call, which to my knowledge is not implemented since connect calls netconn_connect
which then calls tcpip_apimsg function which then calls sys_arch_sem_wait with 0 as timeout, meaning wait infinitely.

So my questions are :
1 Is there already a built in workaround inside lwip so that i can implement non blocking connect?
2 Has anyone done this before? I dont need a working solution, an idea or a hint would be most helpful. I am hoping that
   any changes done does not disturb the original innerworking of lwip as it has been great for me minus the blocking connect.

I am thankful for any answers, ideas or hints.

Greetings
M Ikhwan Ismail
ABB STOTZ-KONTAKT GmbH
Heidelberg, Germany