lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] low level output question

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] low level output question
Date: Sat, 09 May 2009 09:09:11 +0200

John Kennedy wrote:
Yes, I'm sending a ping from my PC to my embedded system running lwip.  With no
breakpoints set wireshark shows an ARP request going out and the ARP response
returning from lwip.  Then the PC sends an ICMP (ping request) to the embedded
system.  So the ARP response packet generated by lwip is correct.  I was just
puzzled because when I set the breakpoint the pbuf length is 1518?
Hm, that does sound strange. Without breakpoints, the packets shown in wireshark are correct? Event the ping responses? If so, I don't have a clue what's going wrong: there should be no packets with lenght=1518 involved in these packets. And 1518 is even too long for an ethernet packet, 1514 should be the maximum (if you didn't misconfigured lwIP).

I think the pbufs in the pool (PBUF_POOL type) have their length set to the maximum (which is 1518 because of memory alignment) if they are not used (i.e. currently *in* the pool). Could it be that you are seeing such a pbuf pointer? You didn't yet write what's in the pbuf's payload.

Simon