lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] multicast and porting issue.

From: PELISSIER Christophe
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] multicast and porting issue.
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 11:43:09 +0200

Thanks for your response Simon

I am interrested in all information from the people using multicast application
in the mailling list .
In my understanding, when you want to open a socket with a multicast address,
the application should "register" for a multicast address toward the stack
(using setsockopt in BSD API). Then the stack should register for this
multiscast address toward the Ethernet driver. I haven't seen any thing in
socket.c but because lwip has its own netconn API it can be located elsewhere.

For the documentation, i just wanted to be sure that i haven't miss "some
think".

Regards,
Christophe