lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] FreeRtos/LWIP function oddly if new task created before

From: FreeRTOS info
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] FreeRtos/LWIP function oddly if new task created before vlwipinit();
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 07:02:29 +0100

> The webservice task was configured by the default size of the demo
> port of freeRtos, so I assume that it is enough.

Not necessarily.  That depends on the compiler you are using, the libraries
you are using, and how you have modified other code.  Why not just check the
stack usage, or simply make the stacks bigger to see if it makes a
difference.

http://www.freertos.org/Stacks-and-stack-overflow-checking.html

The implementation of sprintf() used when generating the pages makes a huge
difference as most standard implementations are massively stack hungry.  The
FreeRTOS download includes a super skinny version that uses minimal stack.

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for Microcontrollers.  More than 7000 downloads per month.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org/Documentation
New FreeRTOS eBook - learn how to use an RTOS.