lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] HTTP transfer delayed by errors with Firefox - lwIP 1.3

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] HTTP transfer delayed by errors with Firefox - lwIP 1.3.0 on Xilinx Microblaze
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 12:44:58 -0400

Lou,

I've always questioned the use of tcp_poll and stopped using it.  It seems
to me that when the stack wants more data, it will call tcp_sent to get it.
I'm not sure why tcp_poll needs to try to also send data.  Chances are it
doesn't go or tcp_sent would be called, and it eventually leads to that
retry timeout in tcp_poll.  Maybe a developer can tell us what is the
purpose of tcp_poll and why does it look like it can cause problems.

Bill