lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] tcp_poll(), event handlers and possible misinformation

From: Bill Auerbach
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] tcp_poll(), event handlers and possible misinformation
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 12:50:47 -0400

>Looks like I'm the only one in this ML sending more than 1460 bytes *to*
>lwIP...

Fortunately not. :-) I'm blasting lwIP with 2-4MB data chunks non-stop at
over 600MbS without problems - for hours.  Granted it's a monster system
(relatively-speaking) with lots of RAM, but lwIP has been excellent. I found
most of my problems were in my Ethernet driver (and Windows).  By the way,
this is NO_SYS=1 and a cooperative RTOS running.  Ethernet is interrupt
driven and packets are processed from a task, lwip timers are handled in
another task, 6 or 7 other tasks do periodic background system things and
send status to the PC.  And close to 50% of the processor is running an
interrupt routine processing all the incoming data.

Bill