lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: Restarting lwip/ethernet

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: Restarting lwip/ethernet
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 19:43:32 +0200

Technically, the MAC is only stored in netif->hwaddr and only used from the ARP, DHCP and AutoIP modules (aside from maybe your netif driver and SNMP). So you might get what you want by stopping both DHCP and AutoIP and then just changing netif->hwaddr.

I did not test this though! Also, care must be taken the netif->hwaddr is not accessed (e.g. by receiving packets) while you change it.

Simon

Alexandre Malo wrote:
Thanks,
it did work :) I was wondering about the MAC address, is there a similar set of function we could use? Know if it's possible to change it on run time? Thanks!
Alex