lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Program to generate packets

From: Fabian Koch
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Program to generate packets
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 14:48:06 +0200

address@hidden wrote on 05.08.2009 14:30:35:

> Does anyone know of a freeware/open source program to generate
> packets?  I'm having a checksum problem, and would like to generate
> packets that have a specific data pattern so it's easier to debug.
> I suppose I could try something with Visual Basic, but it's been
> awhile since I used that.....

I use "frameIP"[1] in its GUI version, since it is very small and still does what I want in a very unixy-way (nothing more than I need).
But I suppose there is a lot of other useable software like PacketBuilder from colasoft[2] or engage package builder[3]
Other stuff might be found at the wikipedia page for packet generators[4]

Be careful in corporate environments. Some virus scanners and/or paranoid sysadmins really don't like packet generators in theri networks...

regards,
Fabian

[1] http://www.frameip.com/
[2] http://www.colasoft.com/packet_builder/