lwip-users

[lwip-users] Sending UDP packets to 255.255.255.255

From: Mandeep Sandhu
Subject: [lwip-users] Sending UDP packets to 255.255.255.255
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:55:33 +0530

Hi All,

Can I send UDP packets to the IP broadcast address 255.255.255.255?
I'm  implementing
a tiny DHCP server and all DHCP respone's need to go out to the
broadcast IP addr.

I'm currently using the BSD stack with ECOS, but having issues in
sending the packet out
as it gets dropped during a route lookup (i've tried with the
MSG_DONTROUTE option too
without success).

How does lwIP handle sending of broadcast IP frames? I guess it should
go out of all available
interfaces if they are UP and have the relevant 'broadcast' flags set.

Or do we have to add a broadcast specific route entry to make this happen?

Thanks,