lwip-users

RE: [lwip-users] DNS for socket API

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: RE: [lwip-users] DNS for socket API
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:24:23 +0200

> This would probably not be necessary since I only want to use UDP, DHCP,
> IGMP and DNS with the socket API in my application. I guess I could set
> LWIP_TCP to 0(?)

You could do that, but it's a hint for us to increase the default to 7.

> In netdb.c I get some warnings for implicit declarations of strlen(),
> memcpy() and memset(). This probably could indicate a missing string.h
> include.

That could well be as I think the example ports include string.h in their
port-defined cc.h file. Just try to add the missing include in netdb.c until we
added it to CVS.

> The error in netdb.c says 'conflicting types for lwip_gethostbyname_r'. In
> netdb.h I get the error messages 'previous declaration of
> lwip_gethostbyname_r was here' and 'expected declaration specifiers or
> '...'
> before size_t'

That would mean another standard include is missing in netdb.h. I'll check that.

Thanks for the feedback.
Simon