lwip-users

[lwip-users] tcp_recv callback called with pcb->state == FIN_WAIT_1/2 -i

From: Domen Puncer
Subject: [lwip-users] tcp_recv callback called with pcb->state == FIN_WAIT_1/2 -is this intentional?
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 15:18:10 +0200

Hello!

lwIP-1.3.1-rc3

I have a rawapi setup where lwip sends a request, and then receives a
reply with size ~100kB, it forwards this reply via other means to
device3 while it's still transferring via lwip, and if the transfer
to device3 fails, it tcp_close()s the tcp connection too.
Now, I'd expect tcp_recv callback to not be called again, but in fact
it is, first time with FIN_WAIT_1, then with FIN_WAIT_2.

Is this how it's supposed to work?

Currently my "solution is":

        /* drop packets when we're closing the connection */
        if (pcb->state != ESTABLISHED) {
                printf("%s:%i data:%p, pcb:%p, p:%p, err:%i, pcb->state:%i\n",
                                __func__, __LINE__,
                                data, pcb, p, err, pcb->state);
                pbuf_free(p);
                tcp_recved(pcb, p->tot_len);