lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] protect from overflow of received data

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] protect from overflow of received data
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 11:20:36 +0100

On Thu, 2010-07-15 at 11:49 +0200, address@hidden wrote:
> Actually I'm want to send something like: No more data please. Is
> there
> no possibility with TCP?

If you don't want any more data from TCP, just don't receive it in your
application.  The TCP window on the receiver will fill and the sender
will have to stop.  The problem with the raw API is that it is callback
based, and there's no way to say "don't call my callback" other than
setting the callback to NULL which will I think drop the data.  I can
see why being able to say "don't call my receive callback for now" would
be useful, so perhaps we should add a task to add this to the raw API.

Kieran