lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Re: AW: Problem of tcp_writewith more then about 20 kBy

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Re: AW: Problem of tcp_writewith more then about 20 kBytes
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 20:44:27 +0000

On 10 Dec 2010, at 20:36, Diego wrote:

> ERRORS:
>
> #define ERR_OK    0      /* No error, everything OK. */
> #define ERR_MEM  -1      /* Out of memory error.     */
> #define ERR_BUF  -2      /* Buffer error.            */
>

> #define ERR_ABRT -3      /* Connection aborted.      */
> #define ERR_RST  -4      /* Connection reset.        */
> #define ERR_CLSD -5      /* Connection closed.       */
> #define ERR_CONN -6      /* Not connected.           */
>

> So, when I try to send 768 bytes or more I got Error -1: Out of memory error.
> Do u know what it wanna mean?

As I said before (expecting that this might be your next question): "Have a
read of doc/rawapi.txt or look at the lwIP wiki for some detail of what error
numbers to expect and what they might mean."

doc/rawapi.txt says:

  The tcp_write() function will fail and return ERR_MEM if the length
  of the data exceeds the current send buffer size or if the length of
  the queue of outgoing segment is larger than the upper limit defined
  in lwipopts.h. The number of bytes available in the output queue can
  be retrieved with the tcp_sndbuf() function.

Kieran