lwip-users

[lwip-users] Re: RTO issues

From: Chen
Subject: [lwip-users] Re: RTO issues
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 08:58:45 -0500

Hi Andrew,

I believe the bottleneck is in lwip. As I stated in my previous post, this is NOT a bug, but a room for performance improvement for lwip.

Please see http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2010-12/msg00059.html for my first post, and you can find out the rest of them in http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lwip-users/2010-12/index.html under the subject "Re: lwip-users Digest, Vol 88, Issue 17" (My bad for not editing the title :(

I think the best way to rule out my platform or bad coding is someone write a quick telnet program on another platform(it is very very simple and won't take long at all, mine is similar to http://www.ultimaserial.com/avr_lwip_tcp.html) and it simply sends out 1200 byte packets continously once TCP connection is made (I used lwip_send)

Configure the network like this:

lwip->hub->PC1, and connect PC2 to the hub

Run WireShark on PC2 to capture packets between lwip and PC1

Once lwip begins to send out packets to PC1, pull the cable between PC1 and hub.

My capture shows lwip will not tranfer more than two packets, it will wait for the ACK. (non-lwip's RTO capture can be found in my first post)

If you can capture a different result, than the problem is on my end.