lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwip with & without OS (need help & advice)

From: sanjib das
Subject: [lwip-users] lwip with & without OS (need help & advice)
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 21:34:38 +0530

Hi All,

I am very new to lwip. I have a very basic doubt on porting lwip with & without OS.
I googled a lot...but dint get as such any link where things are explained in detail.

lwip with OS (say Linux):
-- does it mean lwip stack will be initialized as part of Linux kernel?
-- in that case does the Linux kernel bypasses its own TCP/IP stack?
-- If lwip is not initialized as part of linux kernel, then can we run it as user space process?

lwip without OS:
-- does it mean lwip can be ported solely as an OS in a micro-controller chip?

Can we port it with Linux (either as kernel or user space module)? Is there any document
on how to port with linux?

thanks in advance
onebrother

Overall rating