lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] How does 'ppp' work with lwIP?

From: Steven Woody
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] How does 'ppp' work with lwIP?
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 17:11:29 +0800

On 25 April 2011 11:18, yueyue papa <address@hidden> wrote:
> For the TCP/IP (network layer), it only depends data link layer.
>
> For the data link layer, it will provide Data in/ Data out interace for the
> TCP/IP layer, and provide the proper in data format, and construct the new
> data link data frame from TCP/IP.
>
> PPP is a kind the data link layer, the only interface for LwIP (tcp/ip), is
> data in, and data out.  The ppp/lan module already provide a good framework
> for lwIP.

yueyue,

Thanks for the introduction. It's good enough.

Relative question is that the ppp module immediately usable for kind
of development that need to talk with a GPRS modem via ppp?  In the
same code directory, the ethernetif.c is actually a skeleton, but the
ppp seems not skeleton, since it does not enclosed with a '#if 0' and
'#endif' pair.  If it is immediately usable, how should I use it with
my actual modem?  I mean, in what way that is suggested to insert even
low level code interacting with the physical modem.  I really don't
like to modify ppp code directly.  And, when I looked into the ppp
directory, I found there are so many files not only the ppp.c.   If
talking about my task -- connect to a GPRS modem, do you think I need
to read all of these files or can you give me another simpler list?

Best Regards,
narke