lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] opening multiple sockets fails

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] opening multiple sockets fails
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:56:06 +0200

Dennis Borgmann <address@hidden> wrote:
> It seems like lwIP does not like this. As soon as I open more than one
> socket, the return value of socket is negative.

a) A more detailed error number is saved in 'errno'. You should try to get that
value somehow to see what's wrong (error numbers are defined in arch.h).
b) It could be that you just have configured available memory too low. In that
case, available resources wouldn't allow you to create a 2nd socket. In that
case, you should go through lwipopts.h and increase the some configuration
options (see comments in opt.h and the lwip wiki -
"http://lwip.wikia.com/wiki/Lwipopts.h"; - for an explanation).

Simon