lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Assert after dropped TX packet

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Assert after dropped TX packet
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:03:52 +0100

On 25 Oct 2011, at 19:42, Dittrich, Matthew wrote:

> I can assure you I am not in the stack from different threads.  I am using
> the raw API in order to avoid creating a task per connection. My Ethernet
> task loop consists of a "handle_packets()", see below, netif->input is
> ethernet_input().  low_level_input() returns a PBUF_RAW from PBUF_POOL. Then
> sys_check_timeouts() is run, then my app level "monitor_events()" is run,
> this watches a FreeRTOS queue that the other app tasks put messages into for
> the ethernet task. The monitor_events() only makes tcp_writes() (no eth input
> handling here) and only when we are not currently sending something else.
> Then a FreeRTOS vTaskDelay(1) will pause the task until the next tick. Then
> repeat the loop. No interrupts are involved.

It's not quite clear to me from this whether/how you are protecting against a
received packet being handled by the stack (i.e. netif->input) at the same time
as the application might be calling (e.g.) tcp_write().  If you're sure that is
protected then that's good enough for me - the above suggests you have thought
about this sort of thing - but I wanted to check to be sure.

I haven't had a chance to digest the rest of your email yet, but will as soon
as I get the time.

Kieran