lwip-users

[lwip-users] LWIP core thread

From: Lee, Botao
Subject: [lwip-users] LWIP core thread
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 19:11:12 +0000

I am a new comer to LWIP, and have a question regarding using it with threads.

In pretty much all the examples I found, a thread (say Thread IN) is created to service in-coming packages, either polling or getting notified by the network interface. But I never found this thread/ or another thread servicing out-going packages.

Does this mean the application thread (Thread APP)is actually executing all the LWIP output functions?

If this is true, it means that there could be 2 threads executing LWIP code at the same time: Thread IN and Thread APP. This doesnot comply with the LWIP document which says only 1 thread is allowed.

Really confused. Hopefully I can get some help here.

---Botao