lwip-users

[lwip-users] How to enable KEEP-ALIVE

From: narke
Subject: [lwip-users] How to enable KEEP-ALIVE
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 22:17:03 +0800

Hi,

In raw API.  I am confused how to enable the tcp KEEP-ALIVE feature.
It's seems the LWIP_TCP_KEEPALIVE switch is not designed for turning
on or off the feature. It's just for using or not using "keep_intvl"
and "keep_cnt" fields of a pcb.   To my understanding, turning on or
off the LWIP_TCP_KEEPALIVE switch, makes no difference to the final
result.

And, according to the 1.4.0 code, the keep-alive segments will be sent
out only if the so_options of a pcb has a SOF_KEEPALIVE bit set.  The
problem is, I don't find a place in the code that SOF_KEEPALIVE (or
SO_KEEPALIVE) was set.

Can anyone give me some explanations?

Thanks in advance.

    -- Schopenhauer