lwip-users

[lwip-users] Problem with two netifs

From: Sujith K V
Subject: [lwip-users] Problem with two netifs
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 18:42:30 +0530

Hi All,

I am writing lwip port for a 3 port Gigabit switch (2 ports are slave
ports, P1 and P2). My intention is to get two different IPs for the
two ports, and I should be able to ping to both IPs (virtually, two
devices). To achieve this, for P1 and P2 (have different MAC
addresses), I have added two different netifs.

When I connect only one port (any of P1 and P2), everything works
fine. I am able to do DHCP and ping works fine.

But, with the same code when I connect both ports simultaneously, the
P1 completes DHCP and  P2 sends DHCP discover (both ports are
connected to same network and a DHCP server is running). However, the
DHCP server continuously sends DHCP OFFER for this and the network
hangs.

Anyone faced this kind of problem ? Or lwIP doesnot support what I meant ?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
Sujith