lwip-users

[lwip-users] raw lwIP on uC, timer or Ethernet Interrupt?

From: m_tamas
Subject: [lwip-users] raw lwIP on uC, timer or Ethernet Interrupt?
Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 00:36:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I would like to develop an Ethernet device with an ARM uC. I am using a raw
lwIP on it. Latter I would like to use more devices which are connected to a
switch. A PC which is also connected to the switch will send a broadcast
message which starts these devices. My problem is that the devices should
start the working at the same time. The starting time difference between the
devices should be under 10 uSec. Is it possible without PTP? Can you give me
a development direction? My current example program work with a timer. The
timer periodically 10ms trigger an Ethernet interrupt, but this 10 ms cause
my starting problem. Can i use a simple Ethernet interrupt instead of timer?

Best regards,
Tamas