lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Non-blocking netconn callback and TCP accept backlog

From: Nick Brereton
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Non-blocking netconn callback and TCP accept backlog
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 09:39:28 +0100

Thank-you, I've eventually found an adequate solution -- partly I was running
out of PBUFs in my pool, I hadn't realised that my accepted connections
wouldn't inherit the non-blocking behaviour of the listening socket (but do
inherit the call-back) and I was able to significantly speed up my replies by
completely filling the current tcp window and forcing an immediate ack from the
client. Between these, message processing is speed up sufficiently to be
generally avoid the problems I had been seeing.

As far as I have been able to tell immediate completion of the handshake after
it starts seems to be normal according to the listen(2) man page. However, if
it was easy to implement a delayed handshake for lwIP it might be a useful
option as a way to manage traffic on restricted system.

Nick