lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Embedded web page access needs refresh with Google Chro

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Embedded web page access needs refresh with Google Chrome
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 07:59:41 +0200

Sujith K V <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks a lot for replying to this. The wireshark logs are attached for
> both the conditions.
>
> The IP Address of the board is 192.168.247.50.
>
> Page_Loaded_OK.pcap  - The embedded webpage is loaded
> Page_Not_Loaded - The embedded webpage is not loaded
>
> Can we get any clue from these ?

In "Loaded_OK", the browser seems to open 5 parallel connections to your board.
Each connection is only used for loading one file (as the httpd does not
support persistent connections) and so (as you can see in "Loaded_OK") the
browser opens a new connection every time one of the previous connections
closes.

In contrast to this, in "Not_Loaded", the browser seems to open 6 parallel
connections. And as you can see at the end of the log (or when right-clicking
on the last connection where "/board.js" is requested and selecting "Follow TCP
Stream"), your board does not answer this request (packet 34). Then, when the
browser retransmits the request (packet 144), the board simply returns an ACK
instead of sending data in the first response packet like for all other file
requests.

I wonder if you are in some way limited to 5 connections on the httpd? This
depends largely on which version of httpd.c you are using and how you have
configured it, but if you can debug your target, you might see
http_state_alloc() returning NULL for the 6th connection. Depending on how you
have configured httpd, you might want to increase either the memp-pool
HTTPD_STATE, or increase the heap size (configured through MEM_SIZE) to have
mor ram for http connections.

Simon