lwip-users

[lwip-users] DNS server support

From: Sirjee Rooplall
Subject: [lwip-users] DNS server support
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 10:19:05 +0200

Hi Support,

I have the situation to support a simple DNS server.

I am currently using LWIP 1.3.2 ported to Atmel uc3a0512 device + freeRTOS.

In my application I have two netifs(1. PPP, 2. MACB).

The client need to connect to our device through MACB to perform a hostname name request so that my device can then connect to a DNS server through the PPP interface to resolve the hostname.

How do I go about achieving this and is it possible to do with LWIP.

I have looked at the files dns.c and dns.h, but I don’t understand enough about dns to fit the pices together to achieve the above.

Please can I get some guidance.

Kind regards

Sirjee. Rooplall

(Software Engineer)