lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Fail on too much data?

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Fail on too much data?
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 15:36:54 +0200

Tomáš Švec wrote:

> When I step through the code, it stops in tcp_out.c on these lines:
>
>   /* fail on too much data */
>   if (len > pcb->snd_buf)...
>
> I am sending 1150 bytes, while there is only a 256 bytes sending buffer. I
> get that, but how is it supposed to be sent correctly? Should my code handle
> the fragmentation itself?

Yes, it should.

> That doesn't make sense, does it?

Regarding TCP it doesn't make sense. Regarding embedded systems, it does: You
have configured lwIP in a way to limit its internal buffer memory lower than
your code expects it to. In other words it's a configuration problem:
TCP_SND_BUF is not big enough to send your data in one chunk. This is not a
problem but your application must be able to handle this or you can incise the
send buffer if your available memory allows it.

Simon