lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Help- TCP connection does not work after a some number

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Help- TCP connection does not work after a some number of packets are received
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2012 13:39:30 +0200

Jelena Frtunik wrote:
> Are there any timing constraints in the LWIp when a TCP packet is handeld
> by the stack?

No.

> How much time is needed for a TCP packet to be processed?

That totally depends on the compiler, processor and its speed. But TCP is not a
simple protocol and handling a TCP packet probably needs much longer than
handling a UDDP packet...

> The reason for asking this is that I can send more packets in a longer
> period and they will be accepted. (if i send the packets faster then  the
> connection breaks sooner)

Unfortunately, this could be anything. If packets are coming in with less delay
that probably only means the bug you are seeing is trigger sooner :-( Sorry I
can't say anything more detailed.

Simon