lwip-users

[lwip-users] Not response for ARP?

From: Chen
Subject: [lwip-users] Not response for ARP?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 14:01:14 -0400

Hi there,

I ran into a strange problem and need help:

In my test, a Windows 7 64-bit laptop with DHCP server was receiving data via TCP from lwip devices with static IP addresses.

Once a while (this is not an easy job to catch it), while sending out data, lwip device would not respond to the ARP request sent out by Win7 PC and after that, the PC will not ACk the TCP packets from the device for a second! As the result, lwip devicw will overrun its output buffer.

I can't repeast it on XP and some other PCs.

Any known fix on lwip side so that it will respond to ARP while sending out via TCP? I don't think I can make Microsoft to fix their end

Thanks for your time!

Chen