lwip-users

[lwip-users] SO_SNDTIMEO and it's alternatives

From: Måns Andersson
Subject: [lwip-users] SO_SNDTIMEO and it's alternatives
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 09:37:21 +0000

Hi
I'm using lwip 1.4.0 and have problems with that the write() function locks up
and never returns, which is by the book since I'm using blocking sockets. But I
don't want the thread to be locked up forever, but rather returned after some
fixed amount of time on error, just like SO_RCVTIMEO does when using read().
SO_SNDTIMEO is not implemented in lwip so what options do I have left except
switching to non-blocking sockets (which is a quite big task to do on my system
unfortunately)?

// Måns
Måns Andersson
Software Developer