lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] what is the abbreviation for RAW ?

From: FreeRTOS Info
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] what is the abbreviation for RAW ?
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 22:49:52 +0100

On 10/04/2013 08:06, inurl wrote:
> I didn't find it anywhere, including source code ,document

Sorry - I don't understand your question.

Are you asking what RAW stands for?  As if RAW was an acronym?  If so,
then raw is a word, not an acronym.  The dictionary definition (well,
Google definition) being:

Raw:  (of a material or substance) In its natural state; not yet
processed or purified: "raw silk"; "raw sewage".

So in this case raw means at the lowest level, bits and bytes, without
the higher level protocol abstractions.

Apologies if I have misinterpreted your question...

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for microcontrollers. More than 103000 downloads in 2012.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org/plus
Trace, safety certification, UDP/IP, TCP/IP, training, and more...