lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Low Iperf performance of lwip 1.4.1 on STM32 and FreeRT

From: FreeRTOS Info
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Low Iperf performance of lwip 1.4.1 on STM32 and FreeRTOS
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 12:11:27 +0100

On 21/06/2013 08:59, Claudius Zingerli wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm working on a project using lwIP 1.4.1, FreeRTOS 7.4.2 on an
> STM32F407 MCU.
> I have several UDP/TCP/Multicast services running well, but when I tried
> to measure TCP bandwidth with Iperf as well as with dd|nc, I get very
> low results.
> Iperf basically just sends a lot of data and lwIP drops it (using
> netconn_recv();netbuf_delete() or netconn_recv_tcp_pbuf();pbuf_free();)
>
> An analysis with Wireshark shows the following:
> (TCP_MSS=TCP_WND=1460)
> - SYN,SYNACK,ACK,PSH,PSH (as usual)
> - ZeroWindow (client stuck), WindowUpdate (some ms later)
> - PSH, ZeroWindow, WindowUpdate,...

Ever so slightly off topic -

It sounds like there are lots of people doing good work with FreeRTOS
and lwIP here, and I'm sorry I don't get the time to contribute to these
threads more often.  In the past I have attempted to maintain an
"example integration" running in the FreeRTOS Win32 simulator, but
projects discussed here go far beyond that.

I would be very grateful if people could occasionally post frameworks of
their code in the FreeRTOS Interactive site for others to reference.

http://interactive.freertos.org

Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
Designed for microcontrollers. More than 103000 downloads in 2012.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org/plus
Trace, safety certification, FAT FS, TCP/IP, training, and more...