lwip-users

[lwip-users] lwIP for safety applications

From: Johan Englund
Subject: [lwip-users] lwIP for safety applications
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 12:23:21 +0200

Hi,

I'm building a safety application (IEC 61508) that makes use of lwIP. The safety function is not dependent on the data passed by lwIP but if lwIP has bugs that corrupts memory that it does not own, things might go south. Memory protection by the CPU is an option but I would still like to know how "safe" it is.

I'm hoping to be able to use lwIP based on the "proven by use" clause but in order to do that I need some kind of statistics of its use. Is there any such available? Or have any of you tackled this problem in other ways?

Johan