lwip-users

[lwip-users] Multicast on lwip

From: ryan.jin
Subject: [lwip-users] Multicast on lwip
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 18:42:29 +0800

Hi all,

I'm new to lwip, and I want to create a multicast receiver with lwip. My steps are as follow:
1. Enable LWIP_IGMP;
2. Set NETIF_FLAG_IGMP in low_level_init();
3. Join multicast group, create and bind pcb;
4. udp_connect to remote_ip (or multicast IP address? Both are tried but failed)

Joining group returns success, and everything looks fine when program executing this. However the multicast doesn't work. Does any one know what I'm missing?

I found "netif->igmp_mac_filter != NULL" in igmp_joingroup(), but it is set as NULL and not implemented. Do I need to implement it by myself to set the filter or it is OK just leave it as NULL?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Best regards,
Ryan Jin