lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] broken DHCP/ARP interaction

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] broken DHCP/ARP interaction
Date: Wed, 14 May 2014 18:36:03 -0300

I suggested the Q&D workaround as a way to check if that was really the
problem.
I guess your problem is that you are seeing your own messages, something
that may not be the case in standard Ethernets (you mentioned Wi-Fi,
didn't you?)
I suggest to follow the code execution and help the developers, I'm just
trying to help so I won't have these problems myself in the future, and
I'm willing to peek in the sources to give my opinion or propose a
patch. Unfortunately I can't duplicate your scenario so I can't dive deeper.
As far as I can follow the analysis, you are right, and the DHCP code
seems to rush to assign an IP when it should wait after the ARP
validation. Try to find that with a breakpoint and tell us what you see.
Try also following the maling list thread and keep us posted, someone
else might have submitted a patch or a (more elegant) workaround