lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 and win32: conflicts with 'in_addr', 'sockad

From: Simon Goldschmidt
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] lwip 1.4.1 and win32: conflicts with 'in_addr', 'sockaddr_in', ...
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 19:54:31 +0200

markus.forrer wrote:
Now I'm trying to add lwip to the target simulation project (Win32 Visual Studio 2013). The build fails with conflicts like:

error C2011: 'in_addr' : 'struct' type redefinition lwip\src\include\ipv4\lwip\inet.h
error C2011: 'sockaddr_in' : 'struct' type redefinition lwip\src\include\lwip\sockets.h
  :
  :

This types are already defined in winsock.h

How can I fix this problem?

Since windows already provides the same functionality lwIP does (the socket interface), you have to ensure the socket-related headers of lwIP are not included in the same c files as one of the windsock headers. In other words, clean up your includes and you should be done.

I'm using lwIP on win32 successfully on various simulation projects.

Simon