lwip-users

[lwip-users] Context of poll and recv?

From: Karl Karpfen
Subject: [lwip-users] Context of poll and recv?
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 11:37:38 +0200

Hi,

this is a follow-up to "How to check send state?" but I start a new discussion since it is a new question:

I'm trying to enqueue some data into lwIP's send queue that are generated from within my applications main-loop (which is not allowed). Now my solution is to just set a flag and then fetch and enqueue the data out of  lwIPs thread context. This is done once periodically within my poll-function (specified by tcp_poll()) and once immediately from within my recv-function (specified with tcp_recv()).

My question: are both running in same IRQ-context or are they triggered by different ones so that filling the send buffer this way would lead to troubles too? A check if previously enqueued data are fully send of course is implemented.

Thanks for all your kind help :-)