lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Lwip with two ethernet ports

From: Sylvain Rochet
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Lwip with two ethernet ports
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 16:59:55 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, May 08, 2015 at 09:51:41AM -0300, Sergio R. Caprile wrote:
> I beg your pardon, I don't understand what you are doing and what you
> are trying to do.
>
> I don't think you can netif_set_default() two interfaces, can you ? Two
> defaults ?

The last takes precedence, this is a global pointer called
*netif_default so there can be only one default. It obviously look
wrong.

> And btw, lwIP won't route, or at least it was not designed to do it and
> has a minimum support for it. Last time I checked there were a couple of
> hooks you could grab to do it yourself.

Yes, there is no routing table per se, we recently added hooks so users
can provide hints to lwIP for "unrouteable" packets. I'm not sure the
hooks are perfect though.

Sylvain