lwip-users

[lwip-users] Ping function problem

From: Soldavin, Keith A.
Subject: [lwip-users] Ping function problem
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 20:37:14 +0000

Hello all,

I am trying to implement the ping software found in Contrib but I am having issues. I have successfully gotten the code to compile and while stepping through line by line it seems like everything is working correctly. The problem is that the computer I am trying to ping never responds. When I look at Wireshark, the ping message is received by the computer but the checksum is 0x0000 so the computer seems to rejects it. When I stepped through the code the checksum is being calculated correctly and put into the message. Somehow it is being lost. Any ideas where to look for the issue?

I am running the latest LWIP and Contrib from the GIT server. I have LWIP set up correctly as I use it for sending and receiving data over UDP with no issues.

Also, is there any way to implement the ping program using  netconn instead of sockets?

Thank you very much.

Keith