lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] IPV6 Stack in LWIP 2.0: Is it IPv6 Ready ?

From: delamer
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] IPV6 Stack in LWIP 2.0: Is it IPv6 Ready ?
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2016 10:56:17 -0600

Hi,

When I did the testing, several years back, I was going for the "IPv6 Silver" which included the core protocols. I believe all but one of the tests passed, I don't remember what was missing, but it didn't seem like a big issue for a "lightweight" stack.

The Silver level is no longer supported, the Gold/Phase 2 tests include more features, and many are not supported. E.g. DHCPv6, IPSec, etc.

I also think you can get individual test suites for different protocols and list which ones you support.

I believe this would make a great M.Sc. Thesis work if anyone out there wants to give it a go. I'd be happy to supervise/cooperate, I've done a few of those jobs already.

Cheers
Ivan