lwip-users

Re: [lwip-users] Binary file upload chrashes the program (lwip 1.4.1)

From: Sergio R. Caprile
Subject: Re: [lwip-users] Binary file upload chrashes the program (lwip 1.4.1)
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 09:33:59 -0300

The crashes are your responsibility. Or your vendor's...
If you clearly indicate which API are you using and how you use the stack, someone here might guide you. The dup acks are indicating your lwIP is not seeing some expected frames. This is usually a driver fault. Most common culprit is that the developers forget to extract all frames off the eth chip when handling a frame rx indication. When traffic is low, everything is fine, but as soon as network traffic is high and two or more frames arrive in the service period, one of them is left sleeping and eventually lost. If that one which is lost is the one you care about, the stack will ask for it again, and that is what you are seeing. Search the list, there's someone else with the very same problem this week, and I bet is also ST-related. My bet is strong on the driver. I just can't wait to be right...