lwip-users

[lwip-users] Connect two machines running LWIP applications via WLAN

From: shruthi
Subject: [lwip-users] Connect two machines running LWIP applications via WLAN
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:14:42 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

I am running TCP server and client applications on two different Linux
machines using LWIP stacks. These two machines are connected with an
Ethernet cable. I am able to send TCP IP packets between the two systems by
creating a software Bridge between the tap0 and eth0 interfaces (as given in
the thread
http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/Connect-Bridge-two-machines-running-lwip-applications-td11470.html#a21118
<http://lwip.100.n7.nabble.com/Connect-Bridge-two-machines-running-lwip-applications-td11470.html#a21118>

).

Now I want to remove the Ethernet connection between the two machines and
communicate over WLAN. I tried to create a bridge between tap0 and wlan0
interfaces but it doesn't work. I am not able to add wlan0 to the bridge.
Could you please tell me how to set up a wireless connection between two
linux machines running LWIP applications?

- Shruthi