lwip-users

[lwip-users] PPPoS: Question regarding reconnect after connection lost

From: Axel Lin
Subject: [lwip-users] PPPoS: Question regarding reconnect after connection lost
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 17:08:12 +0800

Hi list,
My device sometimes got status_cb: err_code=PPPERR_CONNECT (Connection lost).
To reconnect, I call ppp_connect(pcb, 30); if got PPPERR_CONNECT but
it seems never success.

Initially, I can connect to internet after boot.
I usually got below phases:
        PPP_PHASE_DEAD
        PPP_PHASE_INITIALIZE
        PPP_PHASE_ESTABLISH
        PPP_PHASE_AUTHENTICATE
        PPP_PHASE_NETWORK
        PPP_PHASE_RUNNING

When I got PPPERR_CONNECT and calling ppp_connect(pcb, 30);
I always got
        PPP_PHASE_HOLDOFF
        PPP_PHASE_INITIALIZE
        PPP_PHASE_ESTABLISH
        PPP_PHASE_DISCONNECT
        PPP_PHASE_DEAD

It seems the PPP_PHASE_AUTHENTICATE is missed but I'm not sure if I
miss anything.
I'm mainly reference the doc/ppp.txt.
Should I also add ppp_set_auth() before calling ppp_connect() when got
PPPERR_CONNECT?

Thanks,
Axel